The mission of Methodist Healthcare Ministries is “Serving Humanity to Honor God” by improving the physical, mental and spiritual health of those least served in the Rio Texas Conference area of The United Methodist Church. The mission also includes Methodist Healthcare Ministries’ one-half ownership of the Methodist Healthcare System – the largest healthcare system in South Texas. This creates a unique avenue to ensure the Methodist Healthcare System continues to be a benefit to the community by providing quality care to all and charitable care when needed, and it provides revenue to Methodist Healthcare Ministries for its programs.
“To be the leader for improving wellness of the least served”
Methodist Healthcare Ministries’ team members defined their own set of core values embraced in the message of “I am the caring servant,” which shapes our relationship with the people we serve and each other. Our values are more than a philosophy at Methodist Healthcare Ministries; it is the compass that guides our behavior and our continuous improvement. It’s how we lead by example.
- Integrity: I am honest and trustworthy. I am accountable for the impact of my actions and my words.
- Making a difference: I am committed to a vision beyond myself. I am mission-focused.
- Teamwork: I am collaborative and an open-communicator. I am innovative in my approach to working with others, and in finding solutions to challenges.
- Compassion: I am respectful, and do not judge others. I have concern for others and a desire to help.
- Spirituality: I am committed to making time for my loved ones, my community and myself. I embrace faith, hope and forgiveness in my daily life.